TMC 600SP 2-4/0
+ Size A
Tail: 4-6 saltwater saddle
Silver or pearl boby braid
flash or flashabou
Bucktail - color your choice
Olive or grey bucktail or peacock
Red krystal flash
and design up to you
1. Tie in your thread to bend.
2. Tie in the bunch of saddle hackle. Place some Zap-a-Gap at
the hinge where the saddles leave the shank.
3. Tie in the body braid, and wrap foward to between an 1/8"
and a 1/4" shy of the eye.
4. Tie in about six strands of flash. It helps to fold the flash
around the thread, and then tie down. This would mean have 12
ends after tie down.
5. Tie in the bucktail. Put a third on each side of the hook
and tie down. Spread out as you cinch down.
6. Tie in the counter shade bucktail or peacock on top of the
already tied-down bucktail.
7. Add the throat. Once again fold about 8 piece of K-flash
around the thread before you tie down. This will give you 16
8. Create the head of the fly and a nice taper. Add Zap-a-Gap.
9. Tie in mono thread.
10. Stick on eyes of choice (I am a firm believer in making
the eyes pronounced). Tie down eyes with mono and whip finish.
11. Epoxy and let dry.